Winter Mini Session
One Class in One Month – All Online!
At Brightpoint, becoming Brightpoint, our flexible online options, including our 4-week online Winter Mini Session, can keep you on track for success. Focus in on one class and complete it in a month.
With engaging faculty and lower tuition rates than those at Virginia’s four-year colleges and universities, we’re a high-value choice whether you need to knock out a business, English, history, or math essentials class during winter break.
Already a Brightpoint student? Check with your advisor to see if a Winter Mini Session class is a good fit for you and your goals. Set up an appointment in Navigate student.
New to Brightpoint, or interested earning credits to transfer back to your four-year college or university? Our Admissions and Records Office can help you get started.
View our class schedule to see your course options; be sure to select "mini session" from the Spring 2023 session drop-down menu.
Here to Help You Succeed
The college will be on Winter Break December 24, 2022 – January 2, 2023. During Winter Break, the campuses will be closed, but the college will continue to offer support services remotely to students enrolled in Winter Mini Session classes.
Academic Resource Center
- Tutors will be available in the Virtual ARC to assist Winter Mini Session Students from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on December 19 – 30.
- Online submission services for the Writing Center and Math will be available during Winter Mini Session. Turnaround time for submissions is usually 48 hours, though this time can vary depending on volume of usage.
- During Winter Break (December 19 through December 30), ARC staff will be monitoring and responding to questions sent to email@example.com.
- The ARC's digital resources (Writing Guide, STEM Guide, and Study Skills Guide) will be available for student use.
- In addition to virtual tutoring, students have access to tutoring through Brainfuse. Students can access Brainfuse by logging into Canvas and selecting the app within their specific courses.
- Brightpoint Libraries will be open on both campuses through December 23, 2022. The Library will reopen on campus after Winter Break on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- During Winter Break (December 26, 2022 through January 2, 2023), college Library staff will be monitoring and responding to questions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students may chat in real time with a librarian 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year through the Ask-A-Librarian service.
- The Library’s digital resources will be available for student use throughout the Winter Mini Session.
During Winter Break (December 26 – 30) the Help Hub will be open each day remotely from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Services will include technical support, advising, Admissions & Records, and Financial Services. To reach the Help Hub, text 804-476-0401, call 804-796-4000, or email email@example.com.