Student Accessibility Services
Brightpoint is committed to serving students with disabilities and assisting them with pursuing college education.
To support this commitment, Brightpoint has a student accessibility services specialist at each campus. Brightpoint’s campuses and physical environment are fully accessible.
Available Support Services
- Testing accommodations to include placement testing
- Instructional accommodation plans
- Consultation services for faculty and staff
- Assistance with registration
- Career advising
- Books in alternate format
- Assistive technology
- Free access to Kurzweil 3000, an educational technology tool that offers reading assistance, comprehension support, and support for improving writing and test-taking skills
Students requesting SAS services should complete the below intake form. Questions regarding the implementation of accommodations outlined on the Instructional Accommodation Plan (IAP) should email Heather Atkinson, for the Chester campus or Mark Miller for the Midlothian campus. They will contact the student to determine if the intake should be handled via phone or Zoom.