Tutoring in the Academic Resource Center
Brightpoint’s Academic Resource Center (ARC) provides tutoring support for students in a wide variety of subjects, including writing, STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics), business, and study skills help. Tutoring is free for all Brightpoint students and there is no limit to the number of tutoring sessions each semester.
Drop-In Tutoring is available at both the Midlothian ARC (Eliades 117) and the Chester ARC (Moyar 222) Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tutoring is offered on a wide variety of subjects, including Writing, STEM, Business, study skills & planning, and more!
Use Drop-In Tutoring to have a focused session with a tutor, or hang out in the ARC while you study and ask questions when you get stuck.
If you are looking for tutoring in a specific course, please take a look at our Course Proficiencies Schedule to see when we have tutors available for your specific class. If you need help with something you don't see on the list, feel free to email us.
Events and Workshops
Friday, October 7, 2022
- APA Basics: Writing in the Social Sciences 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Friday, October 14, 2022
- MLA Basics: Writing in the Humanities 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Saturday, October 15, 2022
- TEAS Preparation Series: Math 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Saturday, October 22, 2022
- TEAS Preparation Series: Reading & Writing 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Saturday, October 29, 2022
- TEAS Preparation Series: Science 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Friday, November 4, 2022
- Thesis Statements 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online
Friday, November 11, 2022
- Summary vs Analysis 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online
Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Excel for Stats (mth-245 focused) 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Friday, November 18, 2022
- How to Write Research Papers 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online
Friday, December 2, 2022
- All Things Quotes 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Friday, December 9, 2022
- Presenting and Communicating 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online