The safety and well-being of our students, employees and community are always a top priority for Brightpoint Community College. The college has a Health and Safety Team in place that is closely monitoring and assessing reports and guidance provided by the Governor’s Office; the Virginia Community College System; the Virginia Department of Health; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and other federal and state agencies and accrediting commissions.
Spring 2023 Semester
The college's spring semester includes on-campus, virtual, Zoom and hybrid (a blend of different formats) classes. Student support services continue to be offered both remotely and on campus. For assistance connecting to the college’s support services, contact the Help Hub.
Those who come to campus must follow the college's safety protocols. Masks are not required on campus, but those who wish to wear a mask over their nose and mouth are welcome to do so. The college continues to provide free, disposable masks, including KN95 masks. If you need or want a KN95 or other disposable mask, stop by the Security desk in the Nicholas Center (Chester Campus) or Administration Building (Midlothian Campus).
For the safety of our college community:
- Those who come to campus should follow the college’s safety protocols.
- Please do not come to campus if you:
- Are ill, regardless of symptoms
- Have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Have been tested for COVID-19 because you have symptoms and are awaiting results
- Have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19, whether you have symptoms or not
- If you test positive for COVID-19, whether you have symptoms or not, or if you have symptoms and suspect you may have COVID-19 but do not yet have test results:
- Contact your health provider if needed.
- Follow the guidance provided by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- If you are exposed to COVID-19, follow the guidance on the VDH website.
- COVID-19 positive cases and exposures do not need to be reported to the college, but staff in Human Resources and in the Dean of Students Office remain a resource for employees and students.