Brightpoint is a member of Virginia State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (VA-SARA) and the National Council for State Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and is authorized to accept students from any state (except for students residing in California), the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in our online programs and courses.

Current and prospective students located outside the state of Virginia who may be enrolled in a program at Brightpoint Community College that prepares students for external certification or licensure, or that may require clinicals or internships, should familiarize themselves with any state-specific educational requirements or special limitations on allowable courses. Prior to enrolling in a program at Brightpoint leading to external licensure or certification, we recommend that a student contact the state board or agency of the program in the state they wish to practice for the most complete and up-to-date information pertaining to licensure and certification. In addition to educational requirements, an agency or board may require additional criteria be met for licensure. In compliance with federal regulation 34 CFR 668.43 and NC-SARA requirements, contact information for state licensing agencies for many Brightpoint programs is listed below. This list will be updated as more information becomes available. Please check back regularly if your state licensing agency is not yet listed here.


Brightpoint Community College’s Student Grievance Policy and Procedure is described in our catalog. Brightpoint strives to provide the highest quality educational opportunities available. However, if a conflict does arise, our efforts are meant to resolve your grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. Students should carefully follow the steps outlined in our catalog to ensure proper and timely resolution of their complaint.

In accordance with the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), the complaint procedures outlined in our catalog are subject to oversight by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) in complaints arising from students living outside Virginia who are enrolled in courses at Brightpoint. If an issue cannot be resolved by the college’s customary resolution procedure, students may file a formal complaint directly with SCHEV. Grade appeals and student conduct appeals are not allowed under SARA.

Students located outside of Virginia can find information about their state’s student complaint procedures in the list below:

State Contacts for Complaint Resolution