Nursing Program Eligibility and Application
In addition to the College general admission requirements, applicants to the nursing program must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older by the start date of the first nursing course.
- Be enrolled as a Brightpoint student.
- Have completed all required placement testing.
- Have met with an adviser for curriculum placement and initial course planning.
- Have submitted official transcripts from each school or college attended.
- Have completed or is currently enrolled in the five prerequisite courses for nursing. Students must earn at least a C in each course and have a cumulative prerequisite GPA of at least 2.5.
- ENG 111
- MTH 154
- PSY 230
- SDV 100
- BIO 141
BIO 141 course requires successful completion of NAS 2 or BIO 101 and must be completed within 10 years of application.
- Have listened to the Nursing Information Session Recording.
- Have completed the current version of the ATI TEAS with a category result of Proficient or Advanced.
- Completed the Advising Checklist and obtained faculty adviser signature.
- Complete the Nursing Program Application during the application months of February for fall admission or September for Spring admission.