Transferring Credit to Brightpoint
Students can earn credits toward their degree at Brightpoint in four different ways:
- Receiving credit for coursework taken at other regionally accredited colleges and universities
- Achieving acceptable scores on standardized tests and examinations
- Receiving credit for courses and training completed in the military, criminal justice academies, technology certification programs, and health services certification programs
- Submitting documentation for life experiences deemed equivalent to college courses
To be eligible to transfer credits, you must:
- officially declare a major
- submit official transcripts to the Admissions & Records Office. Official transcripts may be sent to Brightpoint electronically or by mail from the issuing institution or through Parchment. They may be delivered in person by the student but must be in an enveloped sealed by the issuing institution. Transcripts can be mailed to:
Brightpoint Community College
Admissions and Records
13101 Route 1
Chester, Virginia 23831
- submit a Transfer Credit Request Form
There is no limit on the number of transfer credits, but transfer credits may not be used to fulfill the residency requirement for graduation.
Some transfer credits will not be awarded until your last semester before graduation from Brightpoint. Check with your academic advisor.
At least 25 percent of the credits required for a major must be earned at Brightpoint.
If you transfer credits to Brightpoint, they will be reflected on your Brightpoint transcript with the transferring agency or source of the credit identified. However, transfer credits on your Brightpoint transcript will not show grades, scores, or grade points (GPA) for transfer credits.