Brightpoint encourages all military students to have previous schooling and life experiences evaluated for credit toward their education.

Military Experience and Training Credits

Brightpoint will evaluate your military experience and training and award credit where applicable. To have your experience and training credits evaluated, submit a Joint Services Transcript (JST) to Brightpoint’s Admission and Records Office.

The JST is issued to Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy personnel to document their military training and experience. Those military-related students who have attended basic training may receive PED credit toward your degree requirements. Request your military JST.

Typical information found on a JST includes:

  • All military experience and service schools.
  • American Council on Education (ACE) college credit recommendations for evaluated military training and experience.
  • Course work completed at colleges and universities paid for with military tuition assistance.
  • College-level test scores (CLEP, AP, DANTES, etc.) paid for with military tuition assistance.
  • Earned certificates, licenses, and apprenticeships.

Students affiliated with the United States Air Force, request your military transcript through the Air Force Transcript Portal.


Military personnel can also use the Credits2Careers portal to build a record of your prior learning and experiences to get an estimate of college credits you can apply towards your Brightpoint degree. 

Prior College Credits

Learn more about transferring credits to Brightpoint.

To have prior credits for non-military institutions evaluated, bring official transcripts from your previous college(s) to the Admissions and Records Office, or have your transcripts sent to Brightpoint for evaluation.

Military & Veterans Education Office

Chester and Midlothian Campuses

Chester Campus


Moyar Hall, Room M132


8 a.m.–5 p.m.

Midlothian Campus

Trailblazer Hall, Room T115j

8 a.m. - 5 p.m.